Outline of Approach
How do we get there from here?
- The value of structured publication must be demonstrated.
- Powerful yet easy to use tools must be created.
- A critical mass of data is necessary to attract readers.
- Will accumulate a critical mass of data quickly.
- Can serve as test beds for tools.
- Are attractive to authors. Electronic reviews generate much more exposure than paper reviews.
- Soon, primary data will be added to Structured Electronic Reviews without paper publication.
- Use of conventional peer review will guarantee that such publication will accrue full credit.
- Initially, this will be more attractive for certain kinds of data.
- Eventually, the bulk of publication will occur in this form.
Introduction - Reading Databases